Sunday, January 25, 2009

This place is for the birds

I have some bird feeders in front of the house, and although I'm not really a bird watcher, I do pay some attention to the avians that visit.

Chickadees and blue jays are the most frequent daily visitors, but a few others have shown up. I'll comment to this with others I see. I don't photograph them much, the windows get in the way.

  • red-breasted nuthatches
  • tufted titmouse (I think)
  • slate-colored juncos
  • downy woodpeckers (pair) - daily visitors
  • hairy woodpeckers (pair) - daily visitors
  • red-bellied woodpeckers (pair) - or were they yellow-bellied sap suckers?
  • a cardinal - a passer-by?
  • a pair of evening grosbeaks (last year)

1 comment:

Bark Eater Blog said...

Saw the first robins on the front lawn today, first day I've seen it completely free of snow there. Still plenty of snow in other places yet.